Why are the numerical values on the page blinking?
- If “Data Update” box (top left) is enabled prices on your screen will update automatically.
- Last Price and Change Values ($/%) blink Green and Red when prices increase and decrease
- If you find these values distracting, un-click Data Update (page refresh is now required to provide updated prices)
What do you mean by Real-time data?
- Data updates in Real-time throughout the trading day for all North American markets. These include: TSX, TSX Venture, CSE, NEO, NYSE, NASDAQ and Amex
- TSX/S&P Indices are also in Real-time. US Indices are 15-minute delayed
- There is a 10-minute delay for OTC-BB and OTC-Pinks, as well as Futures and Currency Pairings
Do I need to refresh my browser to see price changes?
- If “Data Update” is enabled data will update automatically
- If it is turned off, a page refresh is required
What is the naming convention for stock symbols in the new tools?
How do I find stocks from different exchanges?
- TSX: appended with a "-T" (RY-T)
- TSX Venture: appended with a "-X" (ADI-X)
- CSE: appended with a "-CN" (ACG-CN)
- NEO: appended with a "-NE" (CIE-NE)
- NYSE: appended with a "-NE" (GE-N)
- NASDAQ: appended with a "-Q" (AAPL-Q)
- AMEX: appended with a "-A" (ZOE-A)
- OTC-BB: appended with a "-Q2" (WIZD-Q2)
Will these tools work on a smartphone or tablet in addition to desktop?
- Yes. The tools are designed to adapt to the size of your screen
- It is possible to log into multiple devices with your Globe and Mail credentials and your data will synchronously display
What data points can I select to create Custom Filters in Portfolio and Watchlist?
- There are 200+ points across 21 categories.
- Categories include: General, Technicals, Pivot Points, Fundamentals, Growth, Per Share, Ratios, Moving Average, Average Volume, Stochastic (Raw, %K, %D), Average True Range, Relative Strength, Percent R, Historic Volatility, MACD Oscillator, ETFs, Price/Percent Change, Historical Highs and Lows
- Selected data points will flow into Excel download
- To view a full list of data points by category click here
What does the icon under the column "Globe" do?
- This icon provides a link to Globe and Mail content created in the last 72-hours associated with the underlying security
What other Frequently Asked Question documentation is available?